Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"I'M DYING FOR THE FANS TO HEAR THIS!"

STADIUM BOTHERING US GOTH ROCKERS EVANESCENCE RETURN WITH A NEW ABLUM

Evanescence front woman Amy Lee has revealed that the inspiration for her group’s forthcoming self-titled album is the bond that exists between herself and her audience. “I really can hear myself singing about my relationship with Evanescence and with the fans,” she says, speaking exclusively to Kerrang!. “There’s always one big relationship on a record that I sing about the most. I feel like the biggest relationship on this album is my relationship with Evanescence itself, and with the fans. So, yeah, I think lyrically you’re hearing a lot about a relationship, a struggle with a relationship, or a love in a relationship, and mostly I’m singing about that.”

Recorded and Blackbird Studio in Nashville, Tennessee, and produced my Nick Raskulinecz (who in the past has worked with Foo Fighters and Stone Sour), Evanescence will be its creators’ third album, and their first since 2006’s five million-selling The Open Door. The groups debut album 2003’s Fallen, sold some 17 million copies worldwide.

Among the songs set to feature on the forthcoming release include What You Want, My Heart is Broken, The Other Side, Made of Stone, and Lost in Paradise, the latter being a song that its creator describes as having “just poured right out of me”.

The band’s extended absence from the public eye can be explained by Amy’s desire to live and ordered life with her husband, Josh Hartzler, whom she married in 2006.

“I’m in a good place right now,” she says. “I’m happily married and I live in New York, which I think is probably the best city in the world - at least for me. It’s my favourite so far, and I’ve lived in a lot of places in the U.S.. But it’s great that we’re finally putting this [album] out. I can’t explain to you just how much I’ve needed that release. Just to be creating in a vacuum for so long and, like, ‘It’s not ready, it’s not ready…’. I need that connection, I need to show that fans; I’m dying for it.

“I’m having fun in the band again is what it all really means, and I think that comes across. You can hear us enjoying what we’re doing.”

EVANESCENCE’S NEW ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 13. AND WE’VE GOT MORE AMY LEE NEXT WEEK!


Source: http://allinpartsandpieces.tumblr.com/
Taken from this weeks Kerrang magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment